Saturday 8 September 2012

I'll name that name in one: Sh*t


Sadly, I'm someone with many pet hates.  And close of the top of the list are houses with names. 

I'm sorry if your house falls into this category, but I just think it's a teeny bit naff. 

Elvis lived at Gracelands, yes. But he was the King of Pop so kind of earned the right to christen his pad. Michael Jackson lived at Neverland, but he was clinically bonkers (official medical term).

But, for example, if you live at number 63 Credibility Street (made up address), I see no reason why you would wish to name your house Serenity - even if the wooden plaque was going for half-price at B&Q (because no-one else wanted it).

However, there's much, much worse.

I was travelling through Leeds on a bus earlier today and spotted the house you can see above - complete with plaque.

Can anyone please tell me why the owner has chosen to name their very own home Chestnuts?  I mean, seriously.   


If I was that house, quite frankly, I'd be embarrassed.