Tuesday 25 September 2012

Bit of a dampener


You may have spotted the rain outside over the past 36 hours or so.  Above you can see the road outside Guiseley train station which I swam down a little earlier.

My principal problem today was trying to get Jamie to school with dry trousers. 

Hi wellies on, his big coat on, I pulled out the biggest brolly I could lay my hands on and the two of us set off on a joint waddle.


This was never going to be easy, given that he's about three feet shorter than me - Wee John and I have had similar problems in the past when walking to the pub.  

And as a result, it took us quite a while.  In fact, the normal 20 minute journey was still not complete after more than half an hour.  But the important thing was that Jamie's trousers remained bone dry, mission almost accomplished.  

All that remained was the simple task of traversing the zebra crossing and passing through the school's main gate.  But no.

When we reached said main gate, it was locked, forcing us to make a detour down a side street towards the  rear entrance.  

It was just as we turned into the side street that I first spotted the big van.  It was a split second later that it drove through the big puddle and soaked Jamie from the waist down.    

Excellent.