Sunday 21 April 2013

One assault deserves another


Football fans will already be well aware that, this afternoon, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez did a very manly thing by biting the arm of a Chelsea player during the big game at Anfield.  (If you didn't know, trust me, you'll soon be bored hearing about it).

It reminded me of an incident some years ago at Stormont, when I was playing rugby for the Northern Ireland Civil Service against the Royal Ulster Constabulary. And a fine, upstanding, heroic police officer attempted to gnaw my thumb off.

I responded by punching him as hard in the face as my disappointing frame could muster. (Hopefully he noticed, although I can't be sure). 

I would imagine most true sports fans would like the opportunity to do the same to Luiz Suarez this evening.