Thursday 1 August 2013

Fame is in the eye of the beholder

Wee John is due in our midst this evening in preparation for tomorrow when a gaggle of us head across to Manchester for the second day of the Third Ashes Test.

I told Jamie about this at breakfast, but explained that he'd probably not see our tiny guest until tomorrow morning as he was arriving late (and meeting me in the pub).

I also thought it prudent to point out that, whilst he and Charlotte would be able to spend all day Saturday and Sunday with Uncle John, we'd be at the cricket until past his bedtime on Friday. 

But, chucking him a bone, I added: "You might be able to see us on TV!"

Jamie's response was not what I hoped for: "I won't be able to see you on TV!"

"Oh? Why not?"

"Because they only show the players and famous people on TV. You're not a player and you're definitely not famous!"

Oh really.

Well he mustn't have been watching the Fourth Ashes Test at Headingley four years ago then.

Because he'd have quite clearly seen me in the crowd sitting alongside dopey Dagenham Dave.

That's me on the right.


So Jamie, my son, you know nothing.