Sunday 4 September 2016

Lions' call


This morning marked the first day of the new rugby season at Aireborough Lions, and parents and players were queued up in big numbers to sign-up and be part of it.


This will be Jamie's fourth season as a player and my third as a coach.  Thankfully, he's made a lot more progress than I have.


And he's not alone in the Under 9s.


Brilliantly guided by Head Coach Kris (I'm proud to be his Cone Man), each of them has the chance to progress in the sport and share in its joys in the years ahead.

And the big news is that full contact is being introduced this season and they're taking to it like hard-assed ducklings to water.


Not. A. Problem.

And the club as a whole has really upped its game this season, as this welcome pack illustrates better than any words I could muster.  

We have teams from four-year olds at Micros level through to the Under 16s.

Here are our friends in the Under 8s in action today.

 
They play tag rugby and are stars in the making.

So, if you live anywhere near Nunroyd Park and your offspring fancies a try (do you see what I did there?) then feel free to get in touch with me or club chairman Jim Dolan.  I'm on 07787 514324, Jim is on 07870 610356.

We'll even feed them afterwards.


And there's a bar.

Roll up people.

No comments:

Post a Comment