Sunday 18 September 2016

Ode to Aireborough


I've had a wonderful rugby-themed weekend, which is always a good thing (if you're me).

Prior to the season getting underway, I did have concerns that Jamie might not take kindly to full contact at Aireborough Lions.  It comes in at Under 9 level.

But check this out.


That's Jamie closest to the camera during this morning's training session. (Thank you lovely Sarah for the pic).

His new-found enthusiasm for the game is a very pleasant surprise.

He even got a medal as one of two players of the week,


A proud dad indeed.  But also a proud "coach."


Yes, it was also team photo day today.

As you can see, we have more coaches than Ulsterbus (which is why I get to be one).


That was all today.

Yesterday, I went to see the Aireborough first team strut their stuff.

They'd already won their first two games in Yorkshire Division Three.  And they made it a hat trick of victories yesterday, beating Harrogate Pythons by 10 points to go top of the table.


It's great to have such fun and camaraderie right on our doorstep.

If you live in Guiseley, Yeadon or somewhere else nearby, do please get involved.  I can guarantee  you'll be made to feel every but as welcome as I've been (unless England are playing Ireland on the big screen, naturally).

No comments:

Post a Comment