Monday 9 May 2011

Hard not to smile


A combination of watching too much late night election coverage and, more particularly, the constant presence of two rowdy infants have left me exhausted over the past couple of days - hence no blog updates.

It was therefore with a feeling of sheer horror that I was hauled from my slumber shortly after 5.30am today with a bark from Jamie next door enquiring if it was yet "morning time."

I crawled in, lay down beside him and begged for just a few more minutes kip. Or an hour, if it was on offer. But, needless to say, he was having none of it.

He didn't stop rambling for a good 20 minutes, by which time I was reaching my wits end.

And then he burst into song.

It was a number I had heard before, although only the first line.

But Jamie insisted on singing it in full.

To the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, this, dear friends, is Twinkle Twinkle Chocolate Bar:

Twinkle twinkle chocolate bar
My dad drives a rusty car
Pull the starter push the choke
Off we go in a cloud of smoke
Twinkle twinkle chocolate bar
My dad drives a rusty car

It made me laugh out loud - not a regular occurrence for me at 5.53am on a Monday morning - and all was kind of forgiven.

But I'm still wrecked.

No comments:

Post a Comment