Thursday 26 May 2011

Trust me and go see this


I'm finally over my North West 200 disappointment, and the antidote arrived via the silver screen - or the 3D screen, to be strictly accurate.

TT3D: Closer To The Edge is the recently released tale of the incredible men (and one woman) who ride the Isle of Man TT.

Filmed in the run-up to and through last year's event, it is essentially a fly-on-the-wall documentary which offers a very special insight into what makes these fearless individuals tick.

Without wishing to sound too much like a one-man cliche machine, it's exhilarating, it's heart-breaking and it's enormous fun.

And bizarre as it sounds, you don't have to be a bike fan to enjoy it (although my stepdad-in-law Mike, a self-confessed motorbike nut who was sitting alongside me, simply adored it).


Also, whilst the 3D element is impressive, it's the story which knocks you sideways.  So, if you don't have a chance to see it in the cinema, do yourself a favour and grab a copy of the DVD when it appears or order it on Sky Box Office or whatever. 

I promise that you'll want to stay on-board right to the finishing line. (Do you see what I did there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment