Wednesday 25 May 2011

Pass the calamine lotion


"Be careful what you wish for," so the saying goes.

And I can understand the sentiment.

Because Vanessa picked Jamie up from nursery as normal tonight - only to discover that he has chicken pox.   

As someone who reached the ripe old age of 14 before catching this most horrible of plagues, I can fully understand why so many parents want their kids to get it out of the way early.  And they're clearly right.

But, in the short-term, our son is now effectively banned from nursery and likely to spend at least the next five days being grumpy.  

And just as he's getting better, you can guess who's bound to start showing the first signs of a rash.

That's right - her.


Am I being negative? Hell yes.  But I know I'm right - you know I'm right. AAARRGGHH!!!!!

By the way, were you aware that chimpanzees and gorillas can get chicken pox?  No?  Well they can.  But at least they enjoy a good scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment