Thursday 24 November 2011

He's a joker


The last two Thursdays (tonight being number two) haven't exactly worked out as planned. 

Casting our minds back to last week and the Children In Need Rocks Manchester concert, regular readers might remember that I didn't make it because Charlotte was taken ill.

No regrets there - she's me little girl and I was happy to be with her.  No, really.

So we fast forward to tonight and Stephen Merchant (he of The Office, Extras and Life's Too Short) doing stand-up in Bradford. 

Vanessa and I were dreaming of a long leisurely evening.  A bit of food, some drinks and a good old laugh at a gawky looking tall bloke. 

But, as it turned out, Charlotte wouldn't go down so Mrs W missed the warm-up act and it was a sandwich and no drink for her, BUT a KFC and five pints for me!

Swings and roundabouts, dera friends, swings and roundabouts.

And we both had a right chortle at yer man.