Friday 17 August 2012

A big up for the wee country


The picture of Jamie and Charlotte you can see above was not taken in Menorca, where we were a few weeks ago, but in Portrush on the North Coast of Northern Ireland last Friday morning.

Earlier that day, we woke up in nearby Portstewart to be greeted by this sight.


The night before, this was the view I had as I belted down the town's Promenade in search of my next pint.


And on Saturday, I excitedly followed the well-worn path to my favourite sporting venue bar none, the Coleraine Showgrounds, to see my beloved Bannsiders stuff the current all-Ireland cup holders, Crusaders, in the opening game of the Irish Premiership season.


If you haven't been to the North Coast of my wee country, perhaps you should get yourself over there very soon indeed.  You'll not be disappointed.