Wednesday 15 August 2012

Home is where the oarsmen are


We Whites returned from our trip across the water last night, but today my thoughts remained firmly focused on Coleraine.

And it wasn't just because I wanted to be back in the Railways Arms with some of the "characters" you can see above.

No, today was the day the town's three medal-winning Olympians returned home to show off their rewards.

They turned up in their thousands in the Diamond.

And how do I know?  Because it was on tonight's BBC Six O'Clock News - that's how.

You don't believe me?  Well, that's just silly.


I was particularly thrilled to see the images of Alan Campbell with his wonderful parents, Jenny and William, all looking equally proud.  But I already knew Jenny was still riding high as she was drinking champagne with my sister Jacquie in Wetherspoons just the other day. As you do.


Did I tell you I was at Eton Dorney for Alan's final?  I did? 


OK.  I'll not mention it again. For at least another week.