Wednesday 22 August 2012

I might have to buy a scarf


Welcome to Nethermoor Park, home of Conference North table-toppers Guiseley AFC, where I hope to spend quite a bit of time in the coming months. 

One of the things I miss most about living outside Northern Ireland is the opportunity to watch my team, Coleraine, play football on a regular basis.  But that's how it is.

However, rather than complain, I need to find a substitute. 

So last night my good friends Ben (below left), Other John and I went along to see Guiseley strut their stuff.


Ben volunteered to sample the catering at half-time, and was impressed.


John and I were equally thrilled at the bar prices - £2.80 a pint.  You can't argue with that.

The football was pretty slick too.  Below you can see Guiseley's fifth goal fly in courtesy of a penalty.


They won 7-1 in the end, following an opening day 4-1 away victory on Saturday. 

Indeed, the only problem I foresee is the fact that they're so good - I'm not used to supporting winning teams in any sport. 

But I suppose I'll just have to try and get used to it.