Sunday 19 August 2012

Feeling blue

I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow; not because it's particularly long, but because it's particularly blue.

You see, I'm not one of those people who spends a large part of the day looking in the mirror. So it appears I was the last to notice how grey my hair has turned recently.  Indeed, over the past few weeks, I've lost count of the number of folk who have taken such delight in pointing it out.

Initially I filed their comments in my "mistaken" folder.  However, a couple of days ago, I was flicking through some holiday snaps and made a horrible discovery.

No, my hair is not going grey, not one little bit.  It's actually going blue.

If this made me look more like Superman, I might be content. But I'm not sure this is the case.  And how bad might things get?

What if I end up resembling Katy Perry?


OK, not likely - I could never get my eyebrows to look like hers. 

Mrs Slocombe from Are You Being Served?  That could happen.


Sonic the Hedgehog?


Or, given my fondness for biscuits, maybe even the Cookie Monster?


My mum has tried to convince me to consider using some kind of "product" on my hair, but that's not really me.  So, when I visit the barber, I might just have it all off.  Although I might not.