Sunday 6 December 2009

A fast route to sporting stardom?


I've said several times before that I'd like Jamie to try as many different sports as he can when he's older before, hopefully, finding one he particularly enjoys and sticks at.

And we found a new possibility this morning, although I'm not sure how practical it is for him to excel at it here in Yorkshire.

Bobsleighing.

It was my turn to get up early, give him his breakfast and let him watch a bit of telly. But there only are so many episodes of Peppa Pig, Numberjacks and Chuggington a 37-year-old man can take in one sitting before going mad. So I had a flick around to see if I could find something else which might hold his attention - and make me less bored. And the first round of the World Cup bobsleighing on Eurosport 2 provided the key to the lock.

We did the "GO! GO! GO(es)!" together as each team began their run down the hill, and then the "YEA(s)!" as they crossed the line.

Whilst the Germans and the Swiss and Russians drove their sleds like slick Ferraris, the two British crews - somewhat predictably - drove theirs like clapped-out Morris Minors and came nowhere.

However, I did notice that one of the GB "pushers" (I'm sure there's a more technical term than that) came from down the road in Sheffield, so maybe Jamie could take his place in the years ahead. Or maybe not.

PS One of the good German drivers appeared to called Chris Shit, which was quite fun - and a touch ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment