Sunday 26 June 2011

Welcome to Guiseley


Yes, we Whites have made it into our new home in deepest Guiseley, just a 14 minute train ride from the centre of Leeds.  And it's very nice to be here. 

The last 10 days have been both eventful and "challenging" (that's me being polite) in equal measure, but the effort has undoubtedly been worth it.  

My first impressions of Guiseley are incredibly positive.  Indeed, there's much, much more to see and do here than I initially thought. 

And the house itself is actually better than either Vanessa or I remembered. 

Let's just say I'm glad I wasn't aware of just how good a deal we were getting when I was in "putting in an offer mode."

A few brief observations to begin with. 

It would seem best not to mess with the older residents around here.


The people don't seem particularly respectful of organised religion.


But the pubs are great, especially my local, The Yorkshire Rose, which is a mere four minutes and 27 seconds away on foot.  


And they let all-comers in. 


 More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment