Friday 5 September 2014

The last beg


Well, it's almost Great North Run time again - my fourth and, unless I have a body transplant in the interim, my last.

I didn't ask for any sponsorship when I first had a go back in 2004, because I wasn't sure I'd be able to complete the course.

I ran it next with Wee John in 2011 after Mags was diagnosed with leukaemia.  And then last year after it cruelly took her life.

This Sunday, I'm running in joint memory of Mags and my old friend David McClarty, a great man of Coleraine, who tragically passed away on Good Friday after bravely battling lymphoma.  My charity of choice, logically enough, is Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.  

Mags' and David's families are right behind what I'm doing and, indeed, have generously donated to the fund.  With their permission, I will carry both names on the back of my vest.

You know the drill.

HERE'S MY LINK.

Please give something if you can.