Sunday 15 June 2008

10 days and counting...


Yup, we're down to ten days now before the big moment is due (although, as it's a first child, many people have said it'll be late - I can never understand why that is).

In the meanwhile, I've spent a large part of this weekend - like the last - up a ladder, paintbrush and/or roller in hand. This time the bathroom has been the object of my tender loving care. Lucky it.

I also sorted out the garden yesterday (I am good - I even went for a run this morning), leaving only the spare room (from where I'm currently writing this rubbish) left to sort over the coming few days.

By next Sunday night, I reckon I'll be getting quite edgy. As for now, I'm at ease.

PS Sorry? What's that? Vanessa? Vanessa who? Oh! Right, I get you. Yes, Vanessa's fine (thanks for asking). Last week - the first of maternity leave - she felt like she was on holiday. Then this week, she began to slow down and, over the last couple of days, has been occasionally heard to yelp, "get this thing out!" One would expect a bit more of the same in the days ahead. Thankfully the crowds at Euro 2008 are fairly noisy so a couple of quick stabs to the volume button should sort that particular distraction out. Or she might go to bed early.

PPS What? Look, I lovingly make that woman a cup of tea in the morning before going off to work. And I let her watch whatever she wants on the telly. Until I get home. She's spoilt that woman - spoilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment