Sunday 22 June 2008

And we wait...


Just three days to go now, in theory, and the rabbit remains in its hole (if you know what I mean).

It really is one of the most bizarre situations I've experienced. Deep down, I don't think either Vanessa or me truly believe we will soon be parents.

Yes, Vanessa's hospital bag is packed, the nursery is ready, the baby clothes are ready, even the nappies are ready. But I wouldn't say for a moment that we are (please don't tell the baby if you happen to bump into it before we do).

I had a very strange feeling late on Friday afternoon when Vanessa rang to tell me that she'd had a physical reaction which - according to "the book" - suggested we were on the home straight.

This shouldn't really be a surprise - the baby is due on Wednesday after all - but I was struck dumb and even felt a little sick.

Today I've got a bit more shuffling and perhaps a bit of cricket watching planned. But other than that, all we can do is wait. And wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment