Sunday 8 June 2008

This nursery is delayed


Do you know that advert for Ronseel Quick Drying Woodstain? The one that says the product in question does exactly what it says on the tin?

Personally I believe the tin. The whole reputation of its contents clearly depends solely on the accuracy of its legendary slogan so surely it's not all mouth and no drying.

Which brings me to B&Q One Coat paint.

I bought two containers of this revolutionary substance (in Lemon Ice, don't you know) to decorate the walls of the nursery. In theory I only needed one - it's not a huge room - but I'm always a bit cautious with these things. I might lay it on too thick. Or I might spill some. You get the idea - all sorts could happen.

However, what you don't expect is that B&Q One Coat will require two coats.

And of course, you've guessed it, it does - in the case of our nursery, at least .

The good news is that, twelve hours' of painting later (I like to get it right) two coats are now on the walls. The bad news is that the walls are, as yet, without a wallpaper border.

I'm going to have a rattle at this tomorrow night. After the birth itself, putting up the border in the nursery is the bit I've been dreading most about having a baby (sounds a bit exaggerated but it's true).

Hopefully I'll be a better daddy that a wallpaperer (if that's a word). Surely I couldn't be any worse(er?)

No comments:

Post a Comment