Sunday 28 December 2008

Finding a gift for the little 'un


I'm about to take my life in my hands by going sales shopping in Leeds.

I only ever go shopping two or three times a year with the post-Christmas sales tending to be one such occasion.

And I generally come back with three or four work shirts, two ties and a jumper - all of which look exactly the same as what I already have, only newer. But, in my book, it has to be done.

However, today I've been given a very special task. Jamie wants me to pick out a present for his Uncle John (pictured above with his sisters ).

Regular readers will know of Uncle John, his small stature balanced up by his huge enthusiasm (and wallet).

He's due to drive up here from Cardiff on New Year's Eve to spend a few days with us - plus a couple more - and you'll be able to read all about it (lucky you).

But that's only if I return from the shops in one piece, which is not guaranteed.

If I don't make it, it's been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment