Friday 19 December 2008

Mad Friday


It's Mad Friday.

For those of you who don't know, Mad Friday is the last Friday before Christmas and the night when everyone who works in Leeds goes out, gets drunk and - in some cases - wees on the street.

All the bars are packed, it takes an age to get served and it's generally a complete waste of time and money. But it still has to be done.

Like Jamie, I don't work in Leeds so there's no call for either of us to be there. But, although still on maternity leave, Vanessa still does and is therefore present.

Earlier, all three of us were at the Chief Executive's Christmas Drinks in Bradford City Hall - the pic above shows Vanessa and Jamie together with (from left to right), my colleagues Sally and Saima from the Leader's Office, Cllr Adrian Naylor and, at the back, Bradford Council Leader and my boss Cllr Kris Hopkins, prior to the event.

A good time was had by all, including Vanessa who trained it straight to Leeds afterwards for her madness whilst I gathered up Jamie for a slightly later departure to Pudsey.

And, whilst I got a bit wet, Jamie was good as I pushed him home, got him ready for bed and gave him supper. But, just as I tried to put him down, he decided he'd had enough of being Master Nice Guy and spent the next three quarters of an hour screaming the place down.

He's now been asleep for about 20 minutes and hopefully the drama is at an end - but I'm feeling far from complacent.

What I am feeling is hungry, especially as there's a big steak in the fridge. Here's hoping me and it can get it on before the evening is out. By the way, I took the pic below myself (although I concede it is fairly obvious).

No comments:

Post a Comment