Wednesday 15 September 2010

I'm Yer Man

I now know what it feels like to be George Michael.

Because I'm spending the evening in solitary confinement.

Yes, it's Vanessa's turn to host the monthly Pudsey mothers' book club when a load of dizzy women get together to drink wine, eat chocolate and talk about willies, whilst the man of the chosen house has to stay in his room.

Well, OK, I don't know for sure exactly what goes on, but Vanessa has previously admitted that the "book of the month" rarely gets a mention (some club members aren't really readers, apparently) and, when I was down in the kitchen earlier to snatch a cup of tea, there were wine bottles and chocolate wrappers everywhere. And when women get together, they always talk about willies. So, case proven methinks.

Whilst I'm on my ownsome, I might as well show you some sporting photos from the weekend just gone.

This is my dad and Wee John watching the Manchester City players warm up on Saturday...

...and here they are in action against Blackburn Rovers (Man City, not my dad and Wee John).

Then this is (from right to left) my dad, Other John, Wee John, Mike and Dagenham Dave at Sunday's England v Pakistan one-day international at Headingley...

...and here's a shot of England batsman Jonathan Trott a split second away from getting out.

And that's about it.

I'm now off to listen through the floorboards. I wonder if George Michael is doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment