Monday 6 September 2010

The outdoor life

Vanessa and I went to the Bingley Music Live festival on Saturday evening and had much fun among the young 'uns (and the occasional old 'un).

With the use of a magnifying glass, you might just be able to make out Public Image Limited on stage above, fronted by John Lydon aka ex-Sex Pistols punk legend Johnny Rotten. And, he certainly managed the line of the night when ordering the roadies to turn off the smoke machine, explaining with his characteristic 'bluntness': "if I can't f****** smoke on stage then it f****** can't either!"

The headline act was James...

...including a-little-too-fond-of-himself-for-my-liking lead singer Tim Booth (you can see him better on the big screen)...

...and some bloke in a silver dress.

Whilst that sight was surreal, it certainly wasn't the most surreal moment of the evening from my point of view.

No, that came at the urinals when James were belting out yet another new song that no-one had ever heard before, nor wished to hear again.

These urinals were totally unscreened and surrounded by unisex portaloos. But, you know, it was near the end of the night so who cares.

There was this bloke opposite me (they were circular urinals) and, feeling chatty, I asked him if he was enjoying himself.

"Oh yes!" he yelled back, "because this is the only place I could go tonight where I could be in full public view with my c*** in my hand and not get arrested!"

I quickly made my excuses and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment