Tuesday 14 September 2010

Keep out!

Apologies for not updating this dross for a few days, although I would imagine you've coped.

I'll tell and show you more of our "weekend of sporting occasions" tomorrow. But I can already tell you the highlight - not that my dad, Wee John or I were even there. And therein lies the key.

Because this year, for the first time ever, my dad bought a Coleraine FC season ticket - aware that he may put a jinx on the club, but obviously hoping he wouldn't.

Sadly he did.

Prior to Saturday, the Bannsiders' record in the 2010-11 Carling Irish Premiership was nothing if not consistent: played six, lost six, goals for none, goals against 11.

And with my dad safely locked into the City of Manchester Stadium at 3pm on Saturday, they played Donegal Celtic. And won four-nil.

I understand the order banning him from entering the Coleraine Showgrounds for the rest of the current campaign is in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment