Sunday 2 December 2012

In the black


I cooked Sunday dinner last night for all of the above, plus their parents. 

But I was chewing a little harder than usual. 

Before we ate, I watched BBC NI's coverage of the Ulster rugby team's latest victory, this time over Llanelli Scarlets.  And, naturally, I had a "number" of cans of Guinness. 

As I supped, Vanessa revealed that she and Charlotte had been in Morrisons the other day where Guinness is currently on offer (a fact I am very actively aware of).

As Charlotte was wheeled past a stack of the black stuff, she apparently shot up straight in her seat, pointed at the mountain of loveliness and yelled: "DADDY!!!! DADDY!!!!"

Hmmmm.  I am kind of proud, but I'm also a teeny, tiny bit appalled. 

Still, a few Guinness should quickly remove the guilt factor.


I mean, look at it.