Wednesday 5 December 2012

My children think I'm Homer Simpson


Jamie was up early this morning and decided to pass the time before school with a bit of drawing, producing one for each of us. 

He drew Vanessa a house and Charlotte a fairy.  And I was the lucky recipient of a curiously life-like representation of me kicking a rugby ball between a set of rugby posts, which you can see below.  (Sadly this was a feat I never managed during my playing days, but kids are all about dreams).


And he had an added surprise for me because, on the other side, was a second drawing.


"That's very good Jamie!" I announced, bursting with pride.  "Er...what is it?" 

"It's beer, Daddy," he replied.  "I drew that on the other side so I knew it was yours."

Coming off the back of Charlotte's Guinness incident, this was a little disconcerting.  So I decided to defend myself - rather lamely, I have to admit.

"I don't even like beer!" I protested.

"Yes you do, Daddy," said Master W.  "You really, REALLY do!"

Hmmmm.  Perhaps I should turn this into a positive and ask him to get me some for Christmas.