Monday 10 December 2012

Santa Maybe


Another one of those landmark moments on Saturday, when we took Jamie and Charlotte on their first joint visit to see Santa.

As luck would have it, he was making a special guest appearance at Jamie's school Christmas fair.  And, whilst I would've preferred the wine instead of the candle I won at the tombola, much fun was had.  

The most memorable moment came when Santa told Jamie he was the proud owner of a sonic screwdriver after being given one by Doctor Who (don't be rude) more than 200 years ago.  This was a surprise to me never mind Jamie because, on first glance, I didn't believe our Father Christmas looked a day over 150.  He must groom.

I must also tell you about a random little ditty from yesterday morning.  My dopey brother-in-law Dagenham Dave was busy so I was charged with looking after Jamie's cousin Oliver as well as Jamie at micro rugby. 

But Master White couldn't quite get his head around this arrangement.  Following the training session and before the hot dogs, Jamie could wait no longer for clarification. 

"Oliver?" he barked.  "Where is your owner?!" 

I am pleased to report that Hannah - his mother/joint owner - did appear shortly afterwards.