Wednesday 23 October 2013

Cashing up


I recently gathered up the outstanding offline pennies owed from my Great North Run shuffle and forwarded a cheque to Candlelighters. 

I have since received a letter of thanks, which I'd like to share given that it was you lot who kindly gave me so much of your hard-earned cash. 

*******************

Dear Barry

Thank you so very much for the kind donation of £184 in sponsorship for your Great North Run 2013 challenge in memory of Margaret Maciver.  Congratulations on raising such a fantastic amount!  I am pleased to confirm the total raised in online and offline sponsorship is £1,247.89.

Please pass on our thanks to everyone for the generous support.  The money will be put to really good use here at Candlelighters. 

The treatment of childhood cancer is very expensive and the unit is forced to rely quite heavily on charitable donations to support its work.  Every penny that is donated really does make a difference to the facilities we are able to provide for the families whose children are being treated here at the Regional Children and Adolescent Cancer Leukaemia Unit, and to the search to find a cure.

Once again, thank you for your support.  It really is appreciated by all our families across Yorkshire.

Yours sincerely

Eve Corry

Fundraising Assistant

******************

For my part, I remain incredibly grateful to all who donated.