Thursday 24 October 2013

Like father, like f***


It's Jamie's half-term next week and we've been thinking about what to do with him.

One idea I had was for he and I to go on a boys' trip to the all-new Doctor Who exhibition in Bradford, which opens in the next few days. 

But, this afternoon, a concerned sounding Vanessa rang me at work.

"I don't think you should take Jamie to that exhibition on your own," she declared.

"Oh.  Do you want to come?"

"Not really."

"Do you think he'll be scared?"

"No.  It's just that I've been reading about that Roma family in Dublin."

"OK.  And what about them?"

"Well, their daughter has blonde hair and blue eyes and was taken away because she looked nothing like them."

"Right.  And?"

"Well, Jamie has blonde hair and blue eyes."

"Yes."

"And you don't."

Bitch.