Saturday 27 August 2016

Birds and stuff

Welcome back to the Algarve where the local time is Saturday. That's as much as I know.

From memory, yesterday was Friday and we spent the day at the Zoomarine theme park.

It was busy but it was fun with a number of clear highlights.

One was when we found Dory, which will save us a few quid in cinema tickets and popcorn when we get back.


Another was witnessing our first public hangings.

Here they come.


And there they went.


In fact, this was their third mass execution of the day, demonstrating commendable bouncebackability if nothing else.

Anyone who has ever been on an all-inclusive package holiday will be very familiar with the sight of big birds. 

But, aside from the one three sunbeds up from me as I type, this specimen at Zoomarine was the biggest I've seen.


And not a muffin top in sight.

Back at the hotel and staying with the feathery theme, it was Parrot Show Night (the belly dancer having tragically failed to show up).

I must confess, I don't mind the occasional parrot performance.

Top of my wish list was seeing one on a stunt cycle.

And gloriously, my dream came true.


But that was just the start.

Have you ever seen a parrot power a scooter?


I spoil you, I know.

And I've even saved the best till last.


Nope, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is indeed a parrot on rollerskates. 

I'm not sure my life will ever be the same after witnessing that.

In other news, Jamie and his mates acted out an ancient proverb.


Sorry, wrong picture.


And nasty Mummy force-fed Charlotte her daily ration of fruit.


S'not fair.

But all else appears to be well.


Tonight is the hotel's hotly anticipated Moroccan Night. How they're going to get a camel through the front door is anyone's guess. But I'm already looking forward to finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment