Tuesday 23 August 2016

Hey-ho and away we go


Fraternal greetings from somewhere over the English Channel, with France speeding ever-closer.

But Les Blancs are not larging it up with the Frenchies on this summer holiday. Mais non.

Instead it's Portugal for us, more specifically Albufeira.

It's a brand new destination for Jamie and Charlotte, which only adds to their sense of bubbling excitement. 

However, for their mother and me, it's visit number two after spending a fortnight there back in the days when packing was a lot less complicated and mealtime was a little more relaxed.  It was something of an infamous trip for your correspondent that one, following a somewhat unfortunate collision with a bathroom mirror during the grand finale of a Neil Diamond tribute gig. I might return to that subject in the coming days.

As for now, I must confess that I'm not yet fully appraised of what to expect over the next week and a half. This is largely because Vanessa - our in-house travel agent - doesn't regard such information as really any of my business.

What I do know is that, for the first time since Charlotte joined the team, we're not going to a Holiday Village. But, from the few points of detail that have fallen my way, the template is pretty much the same.  So we'll not go hungry and I most definitely will not go thirsty, although daddy dancing would appear to be a remaining danger.  Plus, Jamie will be in for a fun surprise. 

But whatever lies ahead, we will seek to make the best of it.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment