Thursday 17 July 2008

I'm the daddy


A bit of an earlier pit stop than usual this morning - I've already changed Jamie's tyre and Vanessa's now filling his tank.

Given that I'm up, I thought I might show you a little snapshot of officialdom in the form of Jamie's birth certificate.

Vanessa went to register him on Tuesday and the result, I thought, was quite interesting.

First, and most importantly, it does confirm that I am indeed the father which, you know, is sort of nice to see in writing.

It also appears to show that my wife couldn't remember whereabouts in Northern Ireland I was born (Belfast, for the record).

However, the upside in terms of getting her back is that the document highlights that Vanessa was born in Norwich.

I've never been there but, by almost all accounts, Norwich is a bit shit.

Perhaps the sort of place where a mother might not necessarily know where the father of her child comes from?

The evidence I provide would certainly suggest so.

No comments:

Post a Comment