Sunday 20 July 2008

It's all going wrong



Several times over the last two days I've been reminded of when Vanessa gave birth to Jamie, just under four weeks ago now.

There were moments over the many hours from the point we reached the hospital to the stage when the little man eventually emerged that I honestly thought we would never get to the "good bit."

That is exactly how I've felt at Headingley both yesterday and today where my dad, mate John and I were forced to bear two of the dullest days of Test cricket I can remember.

England were awful, South Africa were turgid and I was bored.

BORED! BORED! BORED! BORED! BORED!

Even the fancy dress wasn't as good this year although the Amy Winehouses at least brightened up our Saturday. And, admittedly, the chicken we saw today was also quite fun. Unfortunately I can't show you the pictures as the camera appears to have croaked it too. Marvellous.

The game should end tomorrow when England finally fold.

I'll tell you more then, by which time I'll probably have cheered up and possibly even have bought a new camera.

In the meantime, I give you an early pic of Jamie to hopefully keep you interested.

Laters...

No comments:

Post a Comment