Tuesday 1 July 2008

Jamie throws a BBQ












I haven't known my son for very long. And he hasn't known anyone for very long. But already the signs are good.

A little embarrassed by all the attention he's been receiving, Jamie today decided to throw a barbecue for his mummy and daddy, and also Grandma Judy and Grandad Mike who have already done so much for him.

Granted, he asked me if I wouldn't mind doing the cooking. And buying the food. And pouring the drinks. Although he was happy for everyone to help with the clearing up afterwards - other than himself, of course.

I was quite relaxed with this arrangement as I like doing the cooking at barbecues - even if others don't always enjoy the results.

And, in the end, all went swimmingly.

Jamie had his first real view of the outside world yesterday when he spent half an hour in the garden. Today he was out and about for around four hours and came back in seeming pleased with the possibilities ahead.

I now look forward to finding out what next treat he has lined up for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment