Tuesday 22 July 2008

Jamie goes down't pub


It was sort of inevitable and I can't believe it took us four weeks to get him there, but Jamie had his first drink in a pub this afternoon.

Earlier, John and I thrashed golf balls around for a few hours whilst my dad trimmed our hedge (he enjoys that sort of thing and he's good at it, alright?!) before we hooked up with him, Vanessa and Golden Child for lunch at the Bankhouse in Pudsey.

Whilst Vanessa stuck to shandy and John, my dad and I had pints, Jamie had three and a half fluid ounces of Mum's Brew.

It was transferred from barrel to bottle first thing this morning and is a strange concoction, cream in colour and apparently very nutritional.

He's drinking gallons of it at the moment but it tends to make him fall asleep in company before wetting himself.

Hopefully he'll lose these habits when in pubs in later life.

Sadly, I know quite a few people who haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment