Tuesday 8 July 2008

Killing the boredom


I can't really remember, but I would imagine it's quite dull being 15 days old.

Think about it: you can't talk, you can't play cards, you can't even walk down to the pub for a pint.

Obviously things improve but this definitely feels like the most boring stage.

So, as a dutiful father, I decided to pop to Argos at lunchtime to see if there was anything I could find to kill a bit of time for Jamie until life brightens up.

However, what I discovered was a paucity of exciting toys for newborn babies - which sort of makes sense, if you think about it.

Little model type items that might fit in their mouths are too dangerous. And their hands aren't yet strong enough to guide a car around a Scalextric track.

So I had to settle for a creation called Miracles and Milestones which is actually quite clever. It's a music box type thingymyjig which also flashes lights on the wall or ceiling. And it has different programmes for babies up to three months, three to six months and six months plus.

I've just tried the up to three months version out on our man who seemed to signal his approval with a quick blast on the bum trumpet - or he could've been scared, it's often hard to tell.

Anyway, I've paid for it now so he'd better start looking more pleased.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure he'd be more entertained by playing with some shiny Nintendo Wii packaging whilst watching you playing with the Wii that comes with the shiny packaging.

    ReplyDelete