Monday 19 January 2009

Shattered dreams


We really are getting quite old, you know.

Not much more than five years ago, Vanessa and I were living carefree lives in London. And then we decided to move North.

Within weeks, we'd bought a car. A year later, we bought a house. And, twelve months after that, we got married.

You may also be aware that, seven months ago, we became parents - I'm sure I've mentioned it here somewhere.

But tonight, we took the ultimate step. And, whilst we haven't signed up to anything yet, I fear the moment may only be days away.

You get sucked in, you see. You say to yourself, over and over, "no, we're not ready...we're too young...we really don't need to do this...it's much too serious...it would confirm that we're now officially dull...no, no, we can't!"

But sadly folks, tonight, this very night, at our own instigation, without any pressure from anyone, with nobody else to blame - we got measured up for double glazing. And I think we might just go for it.

I don't remember feeling so depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment