Saturday 14 February 2009

Doing the necessary


Thanks to my trusty new friend, the Best Ever Three & Four Ingredient Cookbook, I've got my menu sorted out for tonight and, with Jamie's assistance, I've also got the supplies.

It could've been very different though for, when I went to Asda, the centrepiece of my starter was nowhere to be seen. But a bit of polite asking led to the discovery of what I was after "out the back" and we now live to have a go at making the dish tonight.

Jamie himself was very good during my morning of baby sitting duty although, at one point, I had to "improvise" somewhat to keep our plans on track.

I'd already sorted him out with breakfast, dressed him, fed myself, written my shopping list and got the pram ready. All that was left to do was put his coat on, load him in and take off. But I suddenly realised I had forgotten to clean my teeth (not a regular occurrence I assure you). And then I thought, "while I'm in the bathroom, I might as well have a widdle."

The easiest solution would have been to put Jamie in his pram for a few minutes whilst I did the necessary, but I knew he wouldn't like that. So I took him upstairs to lay him down in his cot briefly. However, as soon as his bum hit the mattress, it all kicked off leaving me with no alternative but to take him into the bathroom with me.

Cleaning my teeth with the brush in one hand and Jamie under my other arm wasn't a major problem. But when it came to doing my number one, well, I just didn't feel comfortable with the same arrangement.

So, I stuck him in the washing basket. Whilst he looks bemused but not necessarily upset in the picture, I can assure you that the annoyance levels did increase significantly very shortly afterwards

Still, sometimes a dad's got to do what a dad's got to do - quite literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment