Tuesday 10 February 2009

Putting his foot in it


In recent days, Jamie has demonstrated a brand new talent - the ability to suck his own big toe.

It is clearly a gift passed down from his father as I've been putting my foot in my mouth for years, albeit metaphorically. But I'm still very proud.

On other matters, I'm a little on tenterhooks at the moment as - shock of shocks - I finally managed to finish the first draft of the script which I hope will begin the journey of my partner Ben and myself to the status of sitcom writing legends.

It was back in the summer of 2007 when, after several sit downs to map out the plot and the main characters, I went off to knock together a rough draft of what we intend to be the pilot episode. And then I didn't quite get round to finishing it off (well, I've been a bit busy!)

However, the magic moment did finally arrive last Friday morning when, stranded in the White holiday hut, I did a quick 40 minutes of tidying up (including changing some names to protect the guilty). The script has now gone across to Ben for his verdict and for him to hopefully sprinkle it with comedy dust before we meet to decide what to do next.

As I said to him, if even 20% of the draft I sent over makes it into the final version, I'll be very surprised and perhaps even a little disappointed.

But let's not be negative - we're finally underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment