Wednesday 13 January 2010

Anyone for tennis?

You might well regard the following comments as simply further evidence of my unceasing stagger towards middle age. And you would probably be right.

But I went into three well-known high street sports shops at lunchtime today in search of a pair of "proper" running shorts. Sadly I couldn't find any and will now have to look on t'Internet.

By the time I reached shop number three, I was really beginning to wonder what the heck was going on.

I mean, if sports shops don't sell running shorts then what are they there for?

And suddenly I realised the answer was before my eyes. They're there to kit out chavs.

All around me were shellsuits, caps, branded tee-shirts, hoodies and expensive trainers. But what was almost entirely absent was clothing and equipment for use in actual sport.

Is it me?

More than likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment