Friday 22 January 2010

Knives can be fun


Yet more evidence – not that it was needed – that Vanessa and I are continuing to live the “Yorkshire dream.”

Because, not content with our Domino’s takeaway pizzas on Tuesday, yesterday we became proud owners of our very own knife block.

With limited luggage space to take things back from our Christmas trip to Norn Iron, we asked my family not to buy us presents this year. But, needlessly although extremely generously, several of them sent us on the return journey across the Irish Sea with an armful of gift cards instead.

One of these was from my sister Jacquie who gave us a Debenhams card. And, last weekend, we used it to purchase our new pride and joy (pictured above), which was delivered to me at work yesterday afternoon.

I appreciate that all of you will undoubtedly want to know the sexy details. So, very briefly, here goes.

It’s a "Masterclass" set of five "brushed stainless steel" knifes (complete with 25-year guarantee) with not single but "DOUBLE bolstered handles" (I know!)

Alongside (literally) the chef’s, bread and carving knives which all measure 20cm in length (something of a surprise to me), we have a 12.5cm utility knife and an 8.5cm paring knife.

Each beautifully crafted piece of perfection has a "tapered ground plain cutting edge for extra precision" and an "ergonomic handle for a comfortable grip."

And last but arguably most impressive of all, the actual knife block itself which is not made of wood. Goodness me no.

It’s made of DELUXE…STAINLESS…STEEL!!!!!

I really am still pinching myself, I have to say. And the prospect of the next couple of days fills me with absolute glee.

Because it’s a long time since I’ve had an entire weekend with nothing to do but play with my chopper.

And the idea of having five to choose from? Well.

I feel like the luckiest man on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment