Thursday 21 January 2010

Soft boy

Jamie displayed his sensitive side yesterday when he said goodbye to Emma (left) and Skye who have looked after him so well at nursery for the last few months.

It seems like yesterday when he first entered the "Baby Room." And then, having developed the ability to walk/fall over/bruise himself under his own steam, he was pushed across the hall to "Toddler One" where Emma and Skye were invited to do their stuff.

But now he has outgrown them too so, next week, he's off to "Toddler Two" where I would imagine he'll be doing pretty much the same as he's done in "Toddler One," but with more hair-pulling. And maybe some algebra.

Today, being Thursday, he's gone to his Grandma Judy and Grandad Mike's. And I would be lying if I didn't admit to developing concerns about his weekly trip there.

Last week, after reading on this blog about Jamie and I doing a bit of baking, Grandma Judy, to my mind, took advantage of his new found status as a metrosexual by inviting him to do her washing-up.

And I've heard a vicious rumour that she has a huge pile of ironing for him to tackle today.

Hopefully Grandad Mike, a "proper Yorkshireman" if ever there was one, will see what's going on here and instead allow Jamie to do something a bit more blokeish. (I was going to say "allow him to play with his big hammer" but I won't because that would just be wrong - and almost certainly illegal).

1 comment:

  1. and if he is lucky Grandad Mike, might let him sit on the big throbbing machine he has in the garage¬!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete