Tuesday 13 April 2010

Accident prone dad


I'm having a bad run on the old personal health and safety front.

In the last eight days, I've walked into two doors, cut my head on a mantelpiece, burnt my hand on a light bulb, bruised my leg on a desk and split one of my two typing fingers on a crab.

And now I've done something - possibly termina , who knows - to my right shoulder.

I've had a bit of pain there for a few weeks, but nothing I couldn't cope with (tough as nice, new, shiny boots, I am). But the shoulder has seized up during each of the last two nights, making it almost impossible to get out of bed the next morning - and that task has never been easy.

So what to do?

In theory, I should be able to see my doctor, get referred to a hospital physio and have the problem fixed. But I don't fancy waiting six months for that process to play itself out.

I therefore have little choice but to phone a local physio and invite him to mug me as well as cause me unspeakable pain "for my own good."

Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment