Friday 9 April 2010

Too many ticket inspectors spoil my mood

Look closely at the picture above and you can see four - that's three plus another one - Northern Rail ticket inspectors standing at one of the two entrances to Pudsey station yesterday morning.

And below was the scene at entrance number two, about 25 yards away. You will note there are no ticket inspectors present.

So, being a little bored and having seen the exact same thing happen a couple of weeks ago, I enquired of one of the men in uniform as to why there were four of them at one entrance and none at the other.

"Health and safety," he announced. "Our radios would be out of range down there."

"Right," I mulled, "25 yards away?"

"Yes," replied Bob Crow's double. "Plus, we would also be at increased risk of physical attack from the public. The public don't like buying tickets, see."

"And have you any idea why that might be?" I asked.

My new friend didn't respond, instead choosing to turn his back and leave me to walk down to the platform to wait for my train - which eventually turned up 17 minutes late.

I think I might have the answer to my last question.

No comments:

Post a Comment