Thursday 8 April 2010

Fork off thief


I wrote here a couple of weeks ago that some bugger had nicked £60 from my current account in the form of an "emergency cash" withdrawal - and then NatWest had charged me an extra fiver for the privilege of being robbed. Good work boys and girls.

The matter was placed in the hands of the bank's fraud team and since then I haven't heard a peep. Well, it's only my money isn't it?

However, last night I discovered it had happened again, although this time the nice thief man had only taken £40. Oh, and then NatWest charged me another fiver just to improve my mood.

Apparently the cash was withdrawn using "my card" at around 1.10pm from a cash point in Keighley. The only thing was, my actual card was in my pocket in Bradford, a good 40 minute drive away.

Sadly, I don't possess the mind of a master criminal and therefore have absolutely no idea what is going on and how it's going on.

But I really would welcome five minutes stuck in a lift; just me, the individual who's stealing my dosh and a blunt plastic fork.

1 comment:

  1. By the sound of it someone has cloned your card. Think back over the last few days - have you made any withdrawals at an ATM? There was probably a card reader attached to it. Was anybody very near you when you made the withdrawal. Could they have seen what you entered as your PIN number?

    In this day and age it treally does pay to be extra vigilant. Although I have a card I only use it in a machine in a dire emergency, and always make sure that I cover the keypad when I am entering my PIN number.

    I too use NAT WEST and have found them to be pretty hopeless.Some years ago, before going on holiday I ordered a new cheque book. Whilst on holiday I opened it to write a cheque and found that although the surname was mine, the initials weren't. Thy had actually issued me with someone elses cheque book!
    Only fairly recently when checking my bank statement I discovered £150 had gone out on a standing order I knew nothing about. It transpired that another person with my surname (Who didn't even bank with my brach of the NAT WEST) had set up a standing order which had been deducted from my account!
    Our daughter HAnnah has had similar problems with Santander (Ex Abbey National)

    I'm afraid my opinion of most banks is unprintable. I certainly woudn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them. Every time I make a transaction in a bank I always ask for a receipt and a mini statement just to be able to check that it has actually been logged.

    ReplyDelete