Friday 18 June 2010

A big night before a big night (and day)

Unless I'm very much mistaken, you - like me - will be preparing to watch England's second World Cup match, tonight against some blokes from Algeria. I predict a 3-0 win for Capello's men, a goal for each lion.

I am writing this in Portstewart (pictured above) where an area has been booked for Big Tony, Wee John, Derek, Vanessa and I to have some food and watch the game on our very own big screen. Vanessa will be the only English native amongst us but we will all be supporting the same team (and no, it's not Algeria)

However, tonight is but a mere warm-up for tomorrow night and the Coleraine Inst Class of '83 School Reunion, the real reason we're all over here.

And before that, at 12.30pm tomorrow, another challenge awaits; a challenge which only a super-hero could possibly pull-off.

Thankfully, Wee John and I have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment