Monday 21 June 2010

Talkin' 'bout our generation

24 hours on from yesterday's mildly p*ssed off rant about the fact that some of my former school brethren talked a good game in advance of Saturday's reunion before (predictably in a number of cases) failing to turn up, and I've never been more glad we did it.

Unashamedly for me, the main reason was having the chance to see two of the original three members of The Fix play once again.

The picture above - which I have put up before - was taken around 1989 when we were all at school and the boys were entertaining us most Saturday evenings in Kelly's, Portrush. That's Paul on the left, Jonny on the right and Shaun in the middle.

We then fast forward to 2010 and the "Reunion At The Reunion" (I quite like that). Sadly Shaun wasn't able to make it (but he does live in America so I call that a real excuse) but you'll recognise Paul and Jonny who, sickeningly, have both weathered extremely well.

And the crowd of classmates...

...loved every second of it.

Indeed Sean and Melanie (who, for the record, didn't attend our all-boys school) even had a smooch. (More on evil Sean tomorrow, by the way).

But, most importantly of all, both Jonny and Paul, the men with the guts to actually get up there and do what they did after not having really picked up an instrument in the last 20 years, had fun too.

Needless to say, I will be begging them to do it all again one day. And, between you and me, I even have a very clear idea of when.

No comments:

Post a Comment