Tuesday 22 June 2010

If you're going to do something...

My mate Detective Inspector Sean Fitzpatrick (the big baldy pictured centre) got in touch a little while ago to let me know that he was planning a series of fundraising events in aid of the Ulster Cancer Foundation, including running his very own spin class.

He wasn't certain at that point exactly who would be doing it but, given it would be taking place on the Saturday of our school reunion weekend, the one fact he was sure of was that Wee John and I would be amongst the number.

And, in case you're under any illusions, he didn't mean this in a "I know I can depend on you two" kind of way.

No, it was more of a "I'll torture and mutilate you both if you don't do it" scenario.

It therefore took Wee John and I about three seconds to agree.

However, if you're going to put yourself through that kind of pain, thought us, sure you might as well push the boat out.

So we dusted off our Batman and Robin costumes in order to do it "proper."

The result was 45 minutes of hell with added sweat.

But more importantly, thanks to Sean's efforts coupled with those of several close family members who marched through Coleraine town centre rattling buckets, £435 was raised for an excellent cause.

You see, there is such a thing as a nice policeman.

No comments:

Post a Comment