Tuesday 1 June 2010

Do you know who you're speaking to?


So, what was the highlight of your post-Bank Holiday weekend Tuesday?

Mine was a brief yet laugh-out-loud cameo moment in Asda little more than an hour ago.

I had my head in a freezer trying to find the best available deal on oven chips (which I would argue are healthy), when I heard the voice of a man enunciate in a loud and particularly condescending manner:

"Excuse me, do you work here?"

I didn't look up, but kept my ears open. And I was glad I did because the reply, which came from just behind me, was a classic.

"No, I work in Tesco."

My head obviously shot up at this point and there she was, a true Angel of the North - dressed in her Tesco outfit.

It's incidents like that which keep my lungs moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment